Britax Childcare is an international market leader in the manufacture and distribution of child safety car seats and wheeled goods. The global market is divided into three regions: Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific. Australia is the largest business in the Asia Pacific, known as Britax Childcare Pty Ltd and is headquartered in Port Melbourne. The primary brands are Britax, Safe-n-Sound, Steelcraft, Hipod and Babylove.
The business operates under the following values:
- We care about protecting the dreams of our customers, our people, and our world. Realized by outstanding safety, fostering our employees with a commitment to improving lives.
- We trust in our products to protect the dreams of our customers all over the world. We trust in our people who come together with a common purpose, where differences make us better and enable us to create an environment where everyone belongs.
- We are curious because we ask questions and connect with our people, by listening thoughtfully, elevating their voices, and ensuring their dreams are our starting point.
The role provides optimal and effective consumer support to internal and external business stakeholders via various established communication channels. Deliver accurate advice and information in line with correct policy guidelines for the Consumer Support team. Translate consumer enquiries into a potential product sale by effective questioning where the opportunity is presented and identified.
- Respond to consumer calls and enquiries received via telephone, email, social media, or other means in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respond to retail calls and enquiries received via telephone, email, social media and facsimile in relation to consumer enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist consumers/retailers with a range of enquiries by:
- Providing clear and accurate information about our brands and product ranges.
- Providing clear and accurate information about spare part sales and replacements in consultation with the required internal business stakeholders.
- Resolving product and service issues promptly in consultation with required stakeholders and the Service Department.
- Manage all formal complaints received (both written and verbal) in a timely manner in consultation with Customer Service Team Leader (CSTL), provide feedback and distribute any written correspondence (where determined necessary) to key internal business stakeholders to mitigate any future risk of a similar nature.
- Effectively manage returns, repairs and warranty items by following correct procedural and warranty guidelines where applicable.
- Process spare part orders for consumers and retailers
- Track and trace spare part and web orders via AX or carriers system where a distribution issue has been identified – as required.
- Check and respond to emails received via consumer support email boxes when assigned to ensure no backlogs. – as required.
- Team Work
- Work effectively and autonomously as a member of the Consumer Support team to complete daily job accountabilities and assist other team members when required to complete daily tasks.
- Provide support and assistance with the training and development of existing and new team members in relation to changes in policy and procedural guidelines.
- Participate in team meetings and provide feedback and information to assist the effective performance of the team.
- Participate in trade fairs/baby expos if required.
- Complete any other additional tasks allocated to you by CSTL.
- Complete credit card transaction in line with Finance, policy and procedural guidelines.
- Intermediate computer skills, using Microsoft AX or similar package, Microsoft Suite/ Excel and Outlook.
- Good understanding of retailer/consumer relationship management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to explore options and negotiate effective outcomes.
- Well organized and ability to determine priorities and activities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A sound knowledge of the need to work safely and good environment awareness.
- Must act in a manner that ensures the health and safety of self and other employees in the workplace.
- Support a safe and healthy working environment for the company in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a in a similar working environment
- Good knowledge of childcare safety products, nursery products and relevant industry knowledge.