Britax Childcare is an international market leader in the manufacture and distribution of child safety car seats and wheeled goods. The global market is divided into three regions: Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific.
Australia is the largest business in the Asia Pacific, known as Britax Childcare Pty Ltd and is headquartered in Port Melbourne. The primary brands are Britax, Safe-n-Sound, Steelcraft, Hipod and Babylove.
The business operates under the following values:
- We care about protecting the dreams of our customers, our people, and our world. Realized by outstanding safety, fostering our employees with a commitment to improving lives.
- We trust in our products to protect the dreams of our customers all over the world. We trust in our people who come together with a common purpose, where differences make us better and enable us to create an environment where everyone belongs.
- We are curious because we ask questions and connect with our people, by listening thoughtfully, elevating their voices, and ensuring their dreams are our starting point.
The position reports to the Marketing Director and will be working on digital design solutions across all internal channels, retail partnerships, and sponsorships.
Digital Design solutions for Britax business and external partners:
- Development of artwork and creative across various digital platforms such as websites, social media, database management (EDM), Youtube, and training platforms (EDAPP).
- Development of digital campaign assets for retail partners and sponsors.
- Development of video and animation content.
- Creation of website assets and content.
- Responsible for upholding brand guidelines across all communication and design scope.
- Provide design support (as required) for events, expos and sponsorship requests including POS material, uniforms, flyers, activations.
- Drive end-to-end design process, and facilitate user research, stakeholder meetings and brainstorming sessions to establish a shared vision and elicit design requirements.
Digital Trends and Solutions:
- Keep abreast of current digital trends and solutions and ensure these are applied to the development video and animation content.
- Prepare and present regular digital research and trends to the marketing team (every quarter) and put forward recommendations for the business.
Uphold brand guidelines across all communication and design scope:
- Provide thorough quality checks on all design work.
- Continually seek ways to create, improve and use wireframes, style guides & user flows & effectively communicate interaction ideas.
- A natural collaborator, who can work with multiple stakeholders to ensure design solutions meet briefs and objectives.
- Outstanding creative flair while keeping on top of design and digital trends.
- Proven ability to design materials across various media channels .
- Excellent written communication, spelling and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to write copy for all content created.
- Ability to build trusting relationships both internally and externally to the company.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines and display effective decision-making.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent eye for detail and personal high standard of accuracy.
- 3+ years design experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design.
- Experience in Digital and UX Design.
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Pintrest, Twitter etc).
- Experience in product consumer goods/retail is desirable.
- Advanced in Adobe Creative Suite CC, Figma, Mailchimp, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Content Management Systems.
NOTE: this position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) as the incumbent will be required to undertake child-related work within the meaning of the Working with Children Act 2005.