Britax Römer is a global leader in child mobility, making family travel safer with our range of child seats and pushchairs.
Römer was founded in Ulm, Germany in 1871 and has been setting new standards for the child safety industry for 50 years, thanks to our great people.
Our mission is: every child has the right to be safe and our goal is to protect millions of children on the streets worldwide.
We are looking for qualified candidates to make this a reality.
Britax Römer's European headquarters is located in Leipheim, which houses production, logistics and administration, as well as one of the world's most advanced crash test facilities for child seats. Our strong corporate values - Care, Trust and Curious - make for a strong company culture.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst - New Product Development(m/f/d)
This impactful and dynamic role is to provide management with key financial support for the Britax’s New Product Development (NPD) processes and Global Engineering Group. Acting as business partner to the product managers and project engineers, the role encompasses project management and stringent financial controls over core investments to provide future growth of the group.
Under the direction of the Global FP&A and Treasury you will create a standardized model to be applied across the regions to quantify the key parameters for decision making on any new NPD projects.
The ideal candidate will come with a minimum of 5-8 years of FP&A experience with direct involvement in product development environments. Experience in multinational manufacturing companies would be an asset. You will have strong business and analytics acumen, excellent modelling skills, and knowledge of ERP systems. You will lead the way in helping the company determine return on investment and payback of NPD, while also leading the forecasting and management of operating expenses for the Global Engineering Group.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of financial forecasts for global capex spend, liaising with senior management to prioritize the key projects
- Working closely with the Global Engineering Group to provide financial support and regular forecasts and reports in tracking of hours and spend by cost centre
- Monitoring progress of the NPD financial parameters against approvals, including the reconciliation of actual and revised forecast costs
- Participate in project development teams to represent finance (regular project meetings, monthly Product Development Reviews)
- Implementation of improved processes and systems for the capture of labour hours and NPD spend and documentation of those procedures
- Support Global Head of FP&A and Treasury on financial support for the Global Sourcing Team
Candidate Profile (Education/Competencies Required/Functional Skills/Technical Skills):
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated individual with an analytical mind-set
- Able to work collaboratively and cross functionally in teams, time zones, and levels of the organization
- Excellent IT Skills in particular Excel (HFM and Power BI would be advantageous)
- An attractive remuneration package
- 30 days holiday with a 5-day week
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Versatile tasks and the freedom to realise your own ideas
- Company pension scheme
- Further training opportunities
- Offers within the framework of company health management (fitness allowance, courses)
- Employee discounts
- Jubilee payments
- and much more.
We look forward to welcoming you here.