Britax Römer is a global leader in child mobility, making family travel safer with our range of child seats, pushchairs and bike seats.
Römer was founded in Ulm, Germany in 1871 and has been setting new standards for the child safety industry for 50 years, thanks to our great people.
Our mission is: every child has the right to be safe and our goal is to protect millions of children on the streets worldwide.
We are looking for qualified candidates to make this a reality.
Britax Römer's European headquarters is located in Leipheim, which houses production, logistics and administration, as well as one of the world's most advanced crash test facilities for child seats. Our strong corporate values - Care, Trust and Curious - make for a strong company culture.
We look forward to welcoming you here.
To support our IT Team, we are looking for a
Support Desk Specialist (m/f/d)
Main purpose of role:
The IT Support Desk Specialist is responsible for delivering world class support to users across the Britax Enterprise. This role focuses on customer facing technologies such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices and associated applications. In addition to technical expertise, excellent communication and customer service skills are a must to be successful.
The IT Support Desk Specialist is part of the global IT support function and reports to the IT Support Desk Supervisor.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to and resolve user support requests, tracking incident and request tickets from creation to close, escalating to higher tiers of support when needed.
- Maintain physical hardware of laptops, desktops, and other end user devices.
- Maintain operating systems on end user devices, including patch updates when required.
- Install / Remove applications from end user devices.
- Interact with MDM solutions to onboard / offboard personal and corporate devices.
- Interact with MDM and inventory solutions to remotely configure applications, policies, or endpoints.
- Coordinate with external suppliers and partners the maintenance of equipment such as printers, network devices, fax machines, and more.
- Execute user onboarding & offboarding requests, including account management, application access, and assigned devices.
- In accordance with IT policies and procedures, provide access to work resources such as applications, data, file shares, print services, network resources, and more.
- Supports the day-to-day operation of secure endpoint devices, including removal of malicious software.
- Setup and maintain company meeting spaces and technology, such as Teams rooms, projectors, large screen monitors, and more.
- Assist with the installation of phone equipment.
- Maintain incident and request tickets in Britax IT Service Management Tool.
- Assist with documentation of devices, systems, and applications.
- Interact with Britax IT knowledge base, including the creation of new topics and the maintenance of existing topics.
- Suggest improvements to global IT support processes.
- Participates in IT meetings and project meetings.
- Have a customer service focused approach to resolving incidents and problems.
- Continually research and keep abreast of new IT technologies and approaches.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, specifically Microsoft Windows 10/11 and MacOS 12.
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies including mobile phones and legacy telephony systems.
- Experience with endpoint security and management software.
- Familiar with modern device management solutions, specifically Microsoft Endpoint Manager / InTune.
- Understanding of PC hardware and ability to troubleshoot devices from varying vendors (DELL, Lenovo, HP).
- Basic understanding of networking concepts across all OSI layers. This includes, but is not limited to structured cabling, TCP / UDP packet routing, IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN technologies and more.
- Knowledge of support process frameworks including ITIL.
- Experience working with Microsoft Technology including Office365, Active Directory, Sharepoint, Teams, and other applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX / Dynamics.
- Familiar with products used in assembly and logistics operations, such as barcode scanners and printers.
- Able to understand and interpret privacy regulations in various regions, including Europe, North America, and Australia.
- Highly focused and methodical when responding to incidents with a strong attention to details.
- Excellent listening and verbal communications skills with the ability to interact professionally within a diverse community.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to adopt to the intended audience.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English – a second language is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team setting.
Candidate Profile (Education/Competencies Required/Functional Skills/Technical Skills):
- Technical certifications such as A+, Networking+, Microsoft Technical Associate, etc. or equivalent experience.
- Entry level degree or diploma in Information Systems or related field or study
- In lieu of a degree, a completed apprenticeship and 12 months of subsequent experience in the IT field.
- 2+ years of supporting users and applications within a Microsoft environment.
- 2+ years in customer support role.
- 12+ months supporting printers and general office technology.
- 12+ months experience with IT Service Management Tools.
- 12+ months experience utilizing project management software.
- An attractive remuneration package including holiday pay and Christmas bonus
- 30 days holiday with a 5-day week
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Varied tasks and the freedom to realise your own ideas
- Company pension scheme and capital-forming benefits
- Kindergarten allowance
- Further training opportunities
- Offers within the framework of company health management (fitness allowance, courses)
- Employee discounts
- and much more.
We look forward to meeting you!